Monday, December 5, 2011

Steak & Cheese Wraps

     A slightly healthier (note that I said "slightly") version of the favorite sandwich. My kids LOVE these, I was looking for a way to eliminate some of the bread in our diets. I use the spinach tortillas, but I tell the kids that they're just green and I don't know why! They are 13 and 14 and believe me!


Steak and Cheese Wraps

Ingredients:
steak-umms or other frozen steak
mozzarella cheese
burrito or wrap style tortillas

Optional Ingredients:
mayo
lettuce
onions
mushrooms
peppers
tomato
...anything else you like!

I start by cooking the onions in a few sprays of cooking spray. Half way through I add a tiny bit of water.

I move to cooking the steaks. I like to break them up, but that is a preference!

While cooking the steaks, I prepare the tortillas. Usually we use the salad plates, but these are big so we pull out the big boys! I get them ready per family preference. Yes, that is a lot of cheese.

     I top the cheese with the steak because it seems to melt better. You may have also noticed that I cook the onions in a different pan, this is because some of my family members do not like them.These are another quick and easy dinner. We do not do these kind often, so it is a big treat for everyone! I serve this with tater-tots or french fries. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment