Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Potato Ham Skillet

     Today's dinner is another quickie from The Comfort Food Diet. It is a one pan meal that is very low in calories! I'm very glad it was quick because we have two kids who aren't feeling very well and I needed to get it done quick before I sent them off to rest!


Potato Ham Skillet
Makes 6 servings, 189 calories each
Points Plus Values: 5

Ingredients:
4 1/2 tsp butter
3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (I used 9-12 red potatoes, unpeeled)
1/2 tsp salt (I used garlic salt)
1/4 tsp pepper
7 green onions, chopped (I didn't use onion)
1/2 c green pepper (didn't use, not a fan!)
2 c fully cooked ham, diced
3/4 c egg substitute (I used 1 c)
1/2 c shredded cheddar

Minced Fresh Parsley

All of the chopped ingredients!
-In a 10 inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In skillet, layer half of the potatoes, salt, pepper, onion, green pepper and ham. Repeat layers.


 -Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.



-Pour egg substitute over the top, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with cheese and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

-Cut into wedges and sprinkle with parsley.

  
      Now, mine didn't stay in a wedge, I believe it is because I used the little potatoes, so there was nothing to hold it together. We also served ours with toast and made it four servings and not six. Everyone enjoyed this. It would be a quick and easy breakfast on the weekend or even on a weekday morning. I wish I had the loaf bread that I had made, but we used store bought for the toast. I'm not sure how well this will keep, but we will see, since Haley didn't finish hers tonight, poor kid isn't feeling well!

      Next time I may try adding in other things like mushrooms or tomatoes, maybe spinach? I think anything that is omelet worthy would be tasty in this meal!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment